WORK WITH US
We are looking for exceptional people who share our love for the BolderBOULDER, our participants we serve, the merchandise we sell, and the work we do!
2015 seasonal positions begin in January and run through June. All jobs require working Memorial Day Weekend, including Monday (sorry, you can't work and run the race). All positions require the flexibility to work weekends or a portion of weekends if required, and some may require working for several days following the race. See specific job requirements below.
To apply for a seasonal position fill out our online employment application and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone needs to fill out an application and resumes are welcome. You can expect a reply within one week.
BolderBOULDER Registration Operations
We are looking for an experienced leader and operations driven candidate with a proven record of leading a team, and at times is directly responsible for producing daily work product. The successful candidate must display expertise in leadership, employee development and the flexibility to work in a fast paced ever changing environment; is comfortable managing and executing multiple projects & priorities while delivering high level results; has the ability to keep functioning effectively and remain calm under pressure.
Key Roll Requirement - Demonstrated history of leading, developing, working with and managing successful teams.
Position reports to the BolderBOULDER Race Director
This key personnel job opportunity is a seasonal full time exempt position -- January through June each year (2015 position could start in December 2014).
Qualified candidates are asked to email a cover letter and resume. Please, no phone calls.
Although not required the ideal candidate would have:
- event experience with emphasis on sports/lifestyle events
- the ability to return each year
- off-season availability for critical planning sessions
- basic network management experience or interest and aptitude to quickly learn required skill set
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
1. Responsible for the leadership, management & oversight of the Data Processing Department.
2. Ability to recognize and resolve end-to-end impacts of process, procedures, and data quality issues in a timely manner.
3. Demonstrated ability to work as a team member as well as independently and succeed in ambiguous, fast paced, and non-mandated environments.
4. Lead departmental staff meetings; work directly with staff, and vendors that support the registration and packet building processes.
5. Evaluate and recommend data processing improvements and efficiency gains.
6. Participate in Leadership Team meetings.
7. Train and supervise data processing, bib and timing tag preparation.
8. Maintain work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
9. Assign duties and examines work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures for assigned staff.
10. Maintain harmony among employees and resolves grievances.
11. Work with staff members to address and adjust errors and complaints.
12. Liaison to online registration vendor, packet building vendor, and the timing company including personal follow-up with participants on scoring discrepancies.
13. Work closely with internal marketing staff throughout season to deploy and manage promotions end product.
14. Work closely with other Leadership Team members on design elements of entry form, packing slips, and miscellaneous other printed goods
15. Directly responsible for managing runner data and producing incremental and final reports
16. Directly manage bib/timing tag allocation and inventory.
17. Directly establish readiness of seasonal PC's and phones to prepare for seasonal staff. Work directly with Network Support Company to troubleshoot as required.
18. Encompasses direct coordination and work product as assigned even if not specifically indicated in this document.
19. Complete special projects as assigned.
20. Use existing tools or help with development of new tools to maintain a records management/retention program on a continuing and active basis. Oversee the operating procedures of storage and retrieval of active and inactive permanent records. Ensure the protection of vital records and preservation of historically records.