BBRACERS CLUB FOR KIDS
- BBRacers Club is an excellent way for students to prepare and train for the BOLDERBoulder, helping them experience success and fun on race day!
- BOLDERBoulder has teamed with schools and coaches to create an 8–10-week training program involving running/walking workouts as well as fun activities to maximize motivation.
- Students who register as BBRacers will receive an exclusive BBRacers T-shirt, goodies from our sponsors, and special pricing on registration (automatically given at checkout).
- Running in a special BBRacers Wave adds to the fun, team spirit, and support found in the comradery of others. There are four BBRacers waves reserved for BBRacers AND any of their family, friends, or school staff who would like to run/walk together on race day.
- BBRacers now includes a division for Running Clubs (not affiliated with a school)! Welcome to the competition!
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
What if I missed the April 27th registration deadline?
Those students who miss the registration deadline of Thursday, April 27th may still register for the race online as a regular race participant but will not receive the BBRacer Special Price or the BBRacers T-Shirt; however, they can be added to their school’s/club’s team for the team competitions.
Contact [email protected] and your coach to let them know you registered after the deadline. Race packets will not be delivered to their school but instead delivered to the pick-up location or by the shipment method chosen during registration.
Race Packet Delivery
Race packets will be delivered to each school/coach approximately the second week of May. Your child/family’s race packets will only be delivered to the school/coach if you all registered through the BBRacers Registration platform by the deadline of Thursday, April 27th.
About The BBRacers Club
The BBRacers Club was developed in 1996 for middle school-aged youth to encourage participation in school fitness programs and create a life-long commitment to health and fitness. This program gives students the opportunity to meet challenges, work towards goals, and feel a sense of pride in their school and individual accomplishments. Beginning in 2010, we added elementary schools to this program and changed the name to the BBRacers Club. BBRacers Club gets elementary and middle school students, their teachers/coaches and families excited about fitness by training for the BOLDERBoulder using fun activities as well as running/walking workouts. Guidance, support, and rewards are provided by the BOLDERBoulder to students, families, and schools throughout the program, culminating in the completion of the BOLDERBoulder 10K Race. In addition, schools compete for two awards in their division: fastest school and highest participation. In 2019, 84 schools across Colorado participated in the BBRacers Club with just under 2,000 participants in the program. Check out the video above for more about why you should join the BBRacer Club.
Schools & Clubs in the 2023 BBRacers Program
Alexander Dawson School
Altona Middle School
Angevine Middle School
Bear Creek Elementary
Bell Middle School
Birch Elementary School
Boltz Middle School
Boulder Mountain Warriors Running Team
Broomfield Heights Middle School
Burlington Elementary School
Centennial Middle School
Coal Ridge Middle School
Community Montessori Boulder
Drake Middle School
Eagle Crest Elementary School
Eisenhower Elementary School
Erie Middle School
Evergreen Middle School
Excel Academy Charter School
Governor’s Ranch Elementary
Highlands Elementary School
Kohl Elementary School
Louisville Middle School
Lyons Middle School
Nederland Middle/Senior High School
North Arvada Middle School
Northglenn Middle School
Oberon Middle School
Prairie Hills Elementary
Preston Middle School
Prospect Ridge Academy Middle School
Resurrection Christian School
Rock Creek Track Club
Rocky Mountain Deaf School
Sacred Heart of Jesus School
Southern Hills Middle School
St. John the Baptist Catholic School
Stone Mountain Elementary
Summit Ridge Middle School
Temple Grandin School
Turner Middle School
Twin Peaks Classical Academy
Union Colony Prep
Walt Clark Middle School
West Jefferson Elementary
West Ridge Elementary
Westview Middle School
Woodland Park Middle School
Yuma Middle School
Benefits for Coaches and Schools
- Coaches receive complimentary entry to the BOLDERBoulder and special coaches’ gifts.
- BOLDERBoulder offers school assemblies or presentations by our team to help with promoting your BBRacers Club and generating excitement.
- Coaches receive a step-by-step guide and resources to help you build your own BBRacers Club.
- BOLDERBoulder assists with communication to families as well as registration process.
- Participants receive access to exclusive BBRacers Club online registration.
- School/club teams receive special recognition for highest participation and fastest team awards by division.
- Coaches and families can find ongoing help and support from our BBRacers Coordinator, [email protected].
Benefits For Students
- Special pricing on race registration for all students in BBRacers Club
- Exclusive BBRacers T-shirt and other goodies from our sponsors
- Access to easy BBRacers Club online registration for students and families
- An 8–10-week training program offered online along with the school or club’s program
- Regular news and updates with information and motivation to keep training
- Race packet delivery directly to participating school/club
- Access to BBRacers waves for extra fun during the race with peers and families
- Success and fun on race day due to the preparation and training
- A great opportunity to benefit one’s physical, emotional, and social wellness
Everything You Need to Know About Registration
Remember, students who register early as a BBRacer will receive special pricing, a BBRacers Club T-shirt and goodies from our race sponsors.
DETAILS FOR THE 2024 REGISTRATION will be provided in early JAN, 2024.
- How do I register my child as a BBRacers participant? Simply click on the blue “Register Here” button at the top of this page.
- How do we register other family members and friends together? Multiple registrations can be completed in one transaction. Once the initial BBRacer participant is registered, the “pop-up” screen will ask you to “Register Someone Else” or “Begin the Checkout Process.” For each participant, you will be able to choose the wave type and enter the names of those whom you would like to run with. Family members and friends may run in the BBRacers waves with students if they would like to all be together. They may also select the school/club to which their products are delivered.
- What if my child wants to be a BBRacers participant but also wants to run in a qualifying wave? BBRacers can choose to be in a qualifying wave. These are the first 31 waves of the race that are reserved for runners who finish faster than 68 minutes and must have proof from a previous race to qualify. When prompted to “Choose your runner type,” select “Running mile pace is 10:56 or less with proof” and follow the prompts for submission of proof of placement. If they register through the BBRacers platform and choose the BBRacer student packet, they will be counted as part of their school’s/club’s team for the competitions and have their packets delivered to the school/coach.
- What if we already registered as a family through the regular registration platform and now my child wants to be on their school’s BBRacer Team? If this occurs before the April 27th deadline, and before the registration has been processed, we can transfer the registration. c with the student’s name and school, and we will contact you to complete this process. If this is after the deadline, we can at least add them to the school team for the purposes of scoring and awards, but the registration and packet pick-up will not be altered.
- What if my child’s school is not part of the BBRacers program? Unfortunately, they may not register individually as a BBRacer participant if they are not involved in a school program. We encourage you to reach out to the school to ensure future participation.
- Do you offer financial assistance? For those students needing financial assistance, BOLDERBoulder will offer a limited number of “Work for Entry” jobs for students. The student will help pack lunches on Saturday, May 25, 2024, from 8 AM – NOON. The students will receive their official BBRacers packet once this job is completed. Contact your school’s coach or email us.
Training tips from SCHEELS - Official Sponsor of BBRacers
Highest Participation and Fastest School/Team awards will be given to both elementary and middle schools in each division. Divisions are based on the size of the school:
- Division I: 1-200 students
- Division II: 201-550 students
- Division III: 551 or more students
- Running Club (Not affiliated with a school)
The fastest boy and the fastest girl from each school/team will also be recognized.