Training for the FORTitude
HAS IT BEEN AWHILE OR IS THIS YOUR FIRST 10K?
We’re here to help! Get ready with our beginners training plan. This schedule is only a guide, so feel free to make modifications to suit your schedule and comfort level.
HOW TO GET READY
1. Grab our Beginner, Intermediate or Beat Your PR Training Guide below – Each provides a great place to start your training, but obviously you can tweak, adjust and modify based on your own preferences.
2. Train On Flat Terrain – Whether it’s an actual 5K/8K/10K event, training run, or a simulated race as part of your training program, run on a flat course so it best transfers over to the Fortitude.
Join A Running Club!
If you need some motivation or simply want to meet fellow friendly runners, join one of these front range running clubs.
- Fort Collins Running Club – Fort Collins
- Revolution Running – Fort Collins
- Runners Roost – Fort Collins
- Fort Collins Trail Runners – Fort Collins
- North FOCO Pub Runners – Fort Collins
- Altitude Running – Fort Collins
- Sterling Run For Fun – Sterling
- Loveland Running Club – Loveland
- Fleet Of Feet Run Club – Greeley
- Mile High Runners – Erie