First and foremost, I speak for the BB team when I say we are beyond thrilled to finally be back running live and in person on Memorial Day, May 30th, 2022. The BOLDERBoulder is kind of the unofficial start to summer in Colorado. It remains locally owned and family operated, and we are so proud to be part of such an important tradition of the Boulder community. There’s nothing quite like it.
Many of you participated in the events we held in 2020 and 2021 – BOLDitude, Twelve Days of COLDER BOLDER, Heart of BOLD and BOLDER on the Run. For those of you who joined us, we appreciate your commitment! These were fun events, but I’m sure like me you missed the excitement and energy that comes with running, jogging or walking outside with your families and friends.
There are so many mini-traditions that make up what has been called “America’s All Time Best 10K”…
- The Start Line with the 90 plus waves, announcements, music and anticipation of what’s to come.
- The Entertainment on the course – music, belly dancers, Miss TuTu, slip-n-slide, random treats like bacon, and the thousands of spectators lining the street just for you.
- Running into Folsom Field Stadium – there are very few opportunities to cross a finish line with 50,000 in attendance cheering you. Young and old feel that sense of accomplishment.
- International Team Challenge – world class runners come from all over the world to compete and experience that unique finish area and the roaring cheers for each and every one of them.
- The Memorial Day Tribute – a chance to pay respect and honor the men and women who have fought and sacrificed for our freedom.
- The snack bags, the flyover, the parachuters, the Race Day EXPO…the list goes on.
I hope you will join us and be part of your favorite traditions at the BOLDERBoulder. We couldn’t be more excited to bring it back and continue the magic. This event has taken on a life that we never quite envisioned, and it rewards us every year beyond measure.
See you May 30th, 2022. OH YES YOU CAN!