Its Go Time – VirtuALL Memorial Day 10K
You Can Almost Hear the Starting Gun!
Since 1979, the BOLDERBoulder has been a tradition on Memorial Day. Even though we can’t run together, keep the tradition alive by virtually joining thousands from around the world in our VirtuALL Memorial Day 10K.
Run, jog, walk, starting from your local start/finish line, decorate your commemorative bib, choose your own course, run with family. There are endless ways to make this your best race yet.
Please follow proper social distancing guidelines. We want you to be safe and healthy!
Please read through all race day instructions below for your best VirtuALL Memorial Day 10k experience.
Official Race Day Schedule
All times are Colorado (MDT) time
Memorial Day, May 25, 2020
- 6:55 am – We will kick off the day with a broadcast on our Facebook page to continue the tradition. Tune in for the official Call to Post, a special announcement from our Race Director, listen for the Start Gun, and you are off! You can watch it live or replay it just before your run.
- 7-11 am – 97.3 KBCO will be playing your favorite songs just like when they are on course at Mile 1. Tune in on the radio or the IHeartRadio app.
- 9:00 am – Tune in again to our Facebook page for updates from the morning as we share in your experiences.
- 11:30 am – Tune into Denver 7 and our Facebook page, and YouTube to catch the inspiring Memorial Day Tribute.
- Your Official Start Time* – Think of it like your own wave start. You can choose to start your race at any time. Get up early, or, sleep in!
*(You can complete your 10K anytime during the Memorial Day weekend.)
Make your own Start Line
Set Your Own Course
Taking on your favorite route around your neighborhood is the easiest way to do this. Start from your driveway, a local park or trailhead, where ever you want to participate that day. Just get out and go. Set your GPS watch to track you and you will know when you are done.
Please do NOT plan to run on the official BOLDERBoulder Course as it will not be closed to traffic and the University will not be open.
If you want to formally plan a route, consider what makes sense for you in your location? A long loop course, or maybe a few smaller loops, maybe an out and back, or even a point-to-point. How rolling of terrain do you want to challenge yourself to? It’s up to you.
If you need help setting a course, use an online mapping tool like Strava on your desktop computer and Create a New Route.
Do you need a GPS Watch or Strava to participate?
No, and Yes.
No. Track your time on your watch or smartphone stopwatch. When you have finished your VirtuALL run, just enter the time it took you to complete the 10K. We are not asking for proof of your time. This is a fun run and we trust you.
Yes, Your GPS watch will provide your official time at the 10k distance. If you would like a digital badge for your Strava Trophycase to celebrate your accomplishment, you can join the VirtuALL Memorial Day 10K challenge.
We will not be publishing a full set of results or age awards anywhere else. If you use Strava, you will still need to submit your results for your Participant’s Certificate.
Share your VirtuALL Experience
Be sure to capture all the fun and intensity of your VirtuALL race day experience and share it with us. Photos, videos, TikToks!
For level-up points, take a photo of an American Flag along your route.
Follow and tag us on social using #VirtuALL10K @BOLDERBoulder so we can share in all of your VirtuALL race day experiences. You may even make our race recap video!